- Fresh Dirt
- Our Family of Wines
- J. Lohr Cuvée Series
- J. Lohr Vineyard Series
- 2011 J. Lohr Highlands Bench Pinot Noir
- 2011 J. Lohr Highlands Bench Chardonnay
- 2011 J. Lohr Late Harvest White Riesling
- 2011 J. Lohr Tower Road Petite Sirah
- 2011 J. Lohr Fog’s Reach Pinot Noir
- 2012 J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 2013 J. Lohr Carol’s Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 J. Lohr Carol’s Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2011 J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 J. Lohr October Night Chardonnay
- J. Lohr Estates
- 2012 J. Lohr Estates Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc
- 2012 J. Lohr Estates Bay Mist White Riesling
- 2012 J. Lohr Estates Falcon’s Perch Pinot Noir
- 2013 J. Lohr Estates Wildflower Valdiguié
- 2012 J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
- 2011 J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot
- 2011 J. Lohr Estates South Ridge Syrah
- 2012 J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
- J. Lohr Gesture
- ARIEL Non-Alcoholic Wines
- Cypress Vineyards
- Painter Bridge
- J. Lohr Vintage Chart
- Wine Review Finder
- J. Lohr Wine Store
- Wine Clubs
- Visit Us
Butter Scotch Crème Brûlee
Recipe from Chef Monique Pizano of Justin’s Appetite for Expression
Bake Time: 30-40 min
Total time: 2 ½ hours
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup turbonado sugar (or 2 tablespoons white sugar + 2 tablespoons brown sugar combined)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Beat egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy. Set aside.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir in ¼ cup of butter scotch chips until combined.
- Stir in butter scotch mixture into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour into the top of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon; approximately 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish.
- Place dishes in pan with a ¼ inch water bath.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until just the top surface is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil. (unless using a torch; recommended for best results)
- Sprinkle turbonado sugar evenly (or the combined 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar) over the custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar is caramelized (golden brown), about 2 minutes. Watch carefully, can burn quickly. (if using torch evenly until sugar is caramelized) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Serve this Butterscotch Crème Brûlee with the J. Lohr Gesture GSM, a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre.