Courtesy of Chef Andy Brooks, Chef at Brooks Restaurant, Ventura, California
- 4 bunches collard greens, blanched, rough chopped
- 2 ears yellow corn, roasted, removed from cob
- 1 large red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup Applewood smoked bacon, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet or sauté pan, render the bacon in the butter on medium heat until crispy. Add the corn and red bell pepper to the pan, and continue cooking until the pepper is tender. Finally add the collard greens to the pan and stir together, mixing thoroughly. When collard greens are hot, season with salt and pepper.