recipe courtesy of Chef Alfredo Malinis, Chef at Level Small Plates Lounge, Annapolis, Maryland
- 12 baby lamb chops
- fresh herbs, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Generously coat the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then either grill or oven-roast. If grilling, cook lamb chops on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. If ovenroasting, first heat a small amount of oil in a cast iron frying pan on the stove top, and place chop flat-side-down in the pan. Allow each side to cook undisturbed for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a 350°F oven. Roast for 6 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
- 5 pears, peeled with core removed
- 3 cups J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ Tbsp whole cloves 3 cups water
In a large saucepan, add wine, water, sugar and cloves. Heat to a simmer. Carefully place pears into liquid and cover. Poach gently until there is no resistance when pierced with a skewer.
- 5 poached pears, medium diced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
Place all ingredients in a medium sauté pan and cook over medium-low heat. Cook until liquid is almost gone, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
Arrange three lamb chops on each plate and top with the Chardonnay Poached Pear Chutney. Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.